The ultimate fun of camping can be enjoyed only when the following points are taken care off without omission:
1. Preplan dates: Blocking the calendar of the other family members, and friends are important. Informing the dates well in advance will help in checking if everyone is available.
2. Entertainment: Camping is for the sake of having fun. So, engaging in activities suitable to the camping location will add to the fun. Planning fun activities in advance will help in carrying the essentials. For example, Binoculars for bird watching, fishing gear with good offshore spinning reels, Bikes for Kayaking, etc.
3. Prepare a list of items to be taken: It is better to first broadly categorize the different areas like kitchen, personal stuff, campsite gear, etc. This will help in adding all the items without missing anything. For example, one can add poles, tarp, tool kit, etc. under the campsite gear category. Similarly, stove, water bottles, fuel, lighters, frying pan, etc. under the category kitchen.
4. Check working condition: Amidst the remote camping area if one finds that lanterns are not working it would be tough to get it repaired. So, checking the working status of all the items before packing will be safer.
5. Meal plan: Items like bread toasts, salads, fruit bowls, noodles, etc. are easier to make. In a camp, cooking can be done only with limited facilities. Hence planning for a rich menu might lead to practical difficulties in cooking. However, with careful planning having a simple yet delicious meal plan is easy. Collecting the local forest produce and cooking them should be encouraged.
6. Shopping: Few staple items can be bought well in advance. However, perishables like eggs, bread, etc. have to be purchased on the day before the journey.
7. Food preparation: Certain things can be prepared at home. For example, marinating meat, cutting vegetables, etc. This will reduce the luggage and the workload at the camping site.…